With 25 years of industry experience under our belt and a 2-year history of providing New Palestine with superior heating and cooling services, the experts at First Class Air are well-equipped to solve all your HVAC problems. Whether you need a system installed in your new construction or your current system repaired and maintained, we can get you squared away in no time. Call the First Class Air office in New Palestine today to setup an appointment!
• Regularly change your air filter. Most air filters can last anywhere from 60 to 90 days before needing to be replaced, but it’s good practice to check them once a month. Hold your filter up to a light—if you cannot see any light passing through, that means airflow is also blocked and it’s time for a new filter.
• Keep your ducts and registers clear of debris. To ensure air flows through your home at maximum capacity, you should routinely check to make sure your ducts are clear and your registers free of dust. If you notice any gaps in the duct system, seal them yourself or call in a professional to do it for you.
• Clean the coils on your AC unit. Keeping the outdoor unit clean is another easy way to keep your HVAC system running smoothly. Remove any debris from the outside of your unit on a regular basis. You can either call First Class Air to come in and clean the coils or shut off power to the system and attempt to clean it yourself.
• Use a programmable thermostat. This will allow you to program your system to not work as hard while you are at work or out of the house. By lowering the temperature in the winter and turning it up in the summer, you can save as much as 15% on your annual energy bill.
• Invest in a new, high-efficiency HVAC system. Older systems just don’t stand up next to today’s energy efficiency standards. An ENERGY STAR rated system can save you $100s every year.
If you’re ready to upgrade you HVAC system, call the First Class Air office in New Palestine to get started!